Saturday, Feb 6
Screening of "Spies of Mississippi"
Sheldon Peck Homestead
We'll view and discuss this movie about a secret spy agency formed by the state of Mississippi to preserve segregation and maintain white supremacy. Told from first person primary sources.
7pm, Thursday, Feb. 11)
New Program to Support LHS
When you order from Amazon Smile, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Lombard Historical Society! A simple way to give back to LHS without costing you a penny.
Just follow the link to Amazon Smile to support LHS!
Carriage House Capital Campaign
Why did we expand the Carriage House?
- The Society received a $70,000 grant provided construction was completed in 2012. We met that goal on time!
- To bring this village-owned property into ADA-compliance
- To enhance our ability to tell Lombard’s stories through exciting and interactive exhibits
- To add the capacity to host classrooms of students, and to offer expanded tours
Why did the Village of Lombard give money to this project?
- Capital improvement of a village-owned property (sidewalks, sewer/water, and fire/burglar protection)
- The village has maintained the carriage house since 1980 when it was placed on the Maple Street property
- The Village also loaned money to the Historical Society..
I love Lombard! How can I donate to this project?
- Thank you! Visit our donation page for details.
- We are looking for $17,000 more to fulfill the loan.