||Lilac Time May 3 - 17!
We wonder if spring will ever arrive - but it will! And we are already planning our Lilac Time activities.
This year, the Westin Yorktown is offering a special rate if you are staying overnight during Lilac Time.
Read tour information.
Pennies for Patriots
Currently in the Lombard Cemetery, the graves of ten soldiers who fought in the War of 1812, the Civil War, and World War I are unmarked. All ten of these veterans are eligible for free headstones from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Pennies for Patriots is the project raising the funds needed for moving the headstones to the cemetery, site prep, and setting the headstones. The estimated costs are about $150 to $200 per grave. Local elementary schools are also involved with fundraising.
Do you wish to donate?
* Send checks payable to VFW Lilac Post 5815 and annotated Lombard VFW Cemetery Project.
Mail to VFW at P.O. Box 1912, Lombard, IL 60148
Carriage House Capital Campaign
Why did we expand the Carriage House?
- The Society received a $70,000 grant provided construction was completed in 2012. We met that goal on time!
- To bring this village-owned property into ADA-compliance
- To enhance our ability to tell Lombard’s stories through exciting and interactive exhibits
- To add the capacity to host classrooms of students, and to offer expanded tours
Why did the Village of Lombard give money to this project?
- Capital improvement of a village-owned property (sidewalks, sewer/water, and fire/burglar protection)
- The village has maintained the carriage house since 1980 when it was placed on the Maple Street property
- The Village also loaned money to the Historical Society to be repaid by 2015.
I love Lombard! How can I donate to this project?
- Thank you! Visit our donation page for details.
- We need $40,000 more to complete the project.